Re: [ydn-javascript] TreeView checkboxes disappearing with IE

  • kantti
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
      Hello,

      Have you managed to fix this problem? We are using treeview with checkboxes
      but we dont's use ajax. Although tree is built dynamically. Problem seems to
      be appearing on IE6 and IE7. I have seen it once also on IE8. I haven't been
      able to test it myself on IE6 or IE7 because I have only IE8. I have tested
      mostly on Firefox but all seems to be fine.

      -Antti

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
        Sorry for the delay, I've been disconnected.

        Could you place somewhere public a sample that shows this happening. I
        have tried to reproduce it based on the original description, with
        dynamic loading of the nodes, but it worked fine for me. I had
        suggested something to try but didn't get any further reply. I can't
        really do much about it if I can't see it. The segment of code below
        really doesn't help much, as Evanne says, it seems to be a display
        issue, not of functionality. Do you have all the files involved in
        their correct places?

        Satyam

        kantti escribió:
        > Hello,
        >
        > Have you managed to fix this problem? We are using treeview with checkboxes
        > but we dont's use ajax. Although tree is built dynamically. Problem seems to
        > be appearing on IE6 and IE7. I have seen it once also on IE8. I haven't been
        > able to test it myself on IE6 or IE7 because I have only IE8. I have tested
        > mostly on Firefox but all seems to be fine.
        >
        > -Antti
        >

        > evanne.shanley wrote:
        >
        >> Hello,
        >>
        >> I have implemented a TreeView widget (YUI version 2.7) where the nodes
        >> have checkboxes for multi-node selection. All works great using Firefox
        >> but when I bring the JSP up under IE, the checkboxes appear fine but if I
        >> mouseover them, they "disappear" from view. They re-appear if I mouse
        >> back over them.
        >>
        >> Is there something else I need to add to make the checkboxes function in
        >> IE?
        >>
        >> I build the tree dynamically, using an ajax call. The "div" I have is as
        >> follows:

        >> I build the tree programmatically as the page loads and set the following
        >> on the tree nodes:
        >>
        >> tree.setNodesProperty("propagateHighlightUp", true);
        >> tree.setNodesProperty("propagateHighlightDown", true);
        >> tree.subscribe("clickEvent", tree.onEventToggleHighlight);
        >>
        >> The functionality of the node is correct -- I think this is just an IE
        >> display issue. Has anyone seen this before?
        >>
        >> Any suggestions would be great.
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >> Evanne

      • kantti
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
          No problem for delay. I noticed that this customer had version 2.6.0 and
          updated YUI to version 2.7.0. We will see if it helps, but I have little
          doubt because Evanne problem with version 2.7.0.

          I can't give you access to working sample, but I attach a file with some
          sample code ( http://www.nabble.com/file/p25853891/test_this.html
          test_this.html ). I wasn't able to write it in this reply.) I have modded
          treeview example with checkboxes so I'm not sure if problems caused by that.
          I beliefe that I have seen the problem only once, but I haven't been able to
          repeat it. Our customer has IE6. I managed to do some testing on IE6 and IE7
          on Microsoft Virtual PC, but I didn't see the problem. I think files are at
          right places because it works great for me. Although I noticed checkboxes
          disappearing when I downloaded files at the same time. However checkboxes
          came back itself. Our customer has to click again in tree to make checkboxes
          come back.

          Little info about code: Code can be little crappy as I'm not very good at
          JavaScript and YUI. I have copied example files from examples/treeview/ to
          jscripts/treeview folder. Place there also tasknode_ak.js. I marked changed
          parts in js-file with //edit.

          Thanks for the help. I will reply how it works with updated YUI.

          -Antti

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
            The functionality of the old TaskNode.js class shown in an example is
            now (since 2.7) part of all Node types in TreeView. There is no need to
            use that TaskNode any longer.

            See:

            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/treeview/tv_highlight.html

            That class was never supported, it was meant just as an example.
            Anyway, that version of TreeView was before my time, if you can upgrade
            to 2.7 or straight to 2.8, it would be so much better, at least that
            would be something I can help with.

            Satyam

            kantti escribió:
            > No problem for delay. I noticed that this customer had version 2.6.0 and
            > updated YUI to version 2.7.0. We will see if it helps, but I have little
            > doubt because Evanne problem with version 2.7.0.
            >
            > I can't give you access to working sample, but I attach a file with some
            > sample code ( http://www.nabble.com/file/p25853891/test_this.html
            > test_this.html ). I wasn't able to write it in this reply.) I have modded
            > treeview example with checkboxes so I'm not sure if problems caused by that.
            > I beliefe that I have seen the problem only once, but I haven't been able to
            > repeat it. Our customer has IE6. I managed to do some testing on IE6 and IE7
            > on Microsoft Virtual PC, but I didn't see the problem. I think files are at
            > right places because it works great for me. Although I noticed checkboxes
            > disappearing when I downloaded files at the same time. However checkboxes
            > came back itself. Our customer has to click again in tree to make checkboxes
            > come back.
            >
            > Little info about code: Code can be little crappy as I'm not very good at
            > JavaScript and YUI. I have copied example files from examples/treeview/ to
            > jscripts/treeview folder. Place there also tasknode_ak.js. I marked changed
            > parts in js-file with //edit.
            >
            > Thanks for the help. I will reply how it works with updated YUI.
            >
            > -Antti
            >

            > Sorry for the delay, I've been disconnected.
            >
            > Could you place somewhere public a sample that shows this happening. I
            > have tried to reproduce it based on the original description, with
            > dynamic loading of the nodes, but it worked fine for me. I had
            > suggested something to try but didn't get any further reply. I can't
            > really do much about it if I can't see it. The segment of code below
            > really doesn't help much, as Evanne says, it seems to be a display
            > issue, not of functionality. Do you have all the files involved in
            > their correct places?
            >
            > Satyam

          • kantti
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
              Damn, I didn't notice this functionality in 2.7. There is tasknode.js in
              examples folder even in 2.8.0r4. I have already updated to 2.7.0b because of
              problems with modal loading panel in IE (container component). If problem
              still exist with customer using tasknode.js with version 2.7, I will replace
              tasknode.js with this new functionality. Thanks for the info.

              -Antti