weird problem with a Dialog widget on a table-based layout

  • digeomel
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2006
      I have a webpage with a table-based layout (don't shoot me yet :p ).
      Something like this:

            <!-- header -->
            <!-- content -->
            <!-- footer -->

         <!-- dialog -->

      The problem is that whenever the dialog is shown (using the YAHOO.widget.Dialog class of course), the "grayed out" effect that's supposed to happen underneath only takes place on the content and footer. That is, for some reason, the header part is not covered by the "grayed out" layer.

      Any ideas why? :-/

      Please don't tell me to use CSS for positioning, that's not a solution.
    • digeomel
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2006
        I found the solution in another post here, it appears that I must change the container.css file as such:

        .mask {
            z-index:1;
            display:none;
            position:absolute;