Re: Chart handling of multiple series with missing data

  • tripp.bridges
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
      By default, if there is missing or null data for a data point, no line is drawn between the points before and after the bad data. A dashed line will be drawn by setting the connectDiscontinuousPoints series style to true.

      {displayName:"Expenses", yField:"expenses", style:{color:0xa1c3e1, connectDiscontinuousPoints:true, discontinuousDashLength:4}}

      The length of the discontinuous dashes is determined by the discontinuousDashLength style. You should be able to force a full line by setting this property to a high value.

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/charts/#seriesstyles

      Additionally, using separate indexes for each property in your data source would prevent the data points from being interpreted as discontinuous.

      "Results":
      [
      {"date":"5/1/2008", "revenue":"856.00"},
      {"date":"5/15/2008", "revenue":"888.00"},
      {"date":"6/1/2008", "revenue":"817.00"},
      {"date":"6/15/2008", "revenue":"810.00"},
      {"date":"5/1/2008", "expenses":"838.00"},
      {"date":"6/1/2008", "expenses":"891.00"},
      ]

      Tripp

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Colm Aengus" <colm.murphy@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm trying to draw a chart which contains data on a weekly and montly basis.
      > The montly series will therefore have gaps in the data. This works fine except that I only get points for the month series.
      > Any ideas on how I can get lines to join up the month points ?
      >
      > I'm testing using the multiple series example and removing some of the expenses points.
      >
      > [By the way there is a bug in this example. The text for the two checkboxes should be switched]
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Colm A

    • Colm Aengus Murphy
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
        Hi Tripp,

        You da man. Works like a charm.

        Regards

        Colm A

        --
        Colm Aengus Murphy
        Staff Engineer

        Direct: +353 1 291 1373
        Email: colm.murphy@...

        Silicon & Software Systems (S3) Ltd.   South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland
        Switch: +353 1 291 1000   Fax: +353 1 291 1001   Visit S3 website: www.s3group.com

        The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s). Please direct any additional queries to: communications@.... Thank You. Silicon and Software Systems Limited. Registered in Ireland no. 378073. Registered Office: South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18