Prevent Tree Collpase

  • furenberger
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2009
      I have the 2.8 treeview and the node is expanded. When the user checks the box it fires this click event but also it collapses that node. How can I prevent that?

      //update the child tree based on the position
      //we will dynamically add the subChild to the tree
      childTree.subscribe('clickEvent',function (oArgs) {
      oArgs.node.toggleHighlight();
      var checkedNodes = getCheckedNodes();

      if(checkedNodes){
      handleChildNodeCheck(checkedNodes);
      }
      });
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2009
        If the event listener returns false, it will prevent the default
        behavior, which is to toggle.

        Satyam

        furenberger escribió:
        > I have the 2.8 treeview and the node is expanded. When the user checks the box it fires this click event but also it collapses that node. How can I prevent that?
        >
        > //update the child tree based on the position
        > //we will dynamically add the subChild to the tree
        > childTree.subscribe('clickEvent',function (oArgs) {
        > oArgs.node.toggleHighlight();
        > var checkedNodes = getCheckedNodes();
        >
        > if(checkedNodes){
        > handleChildNodeCheck(checkedNodes);
        > }
        > });

      • furenberger
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2009
          That doesnt work in Internet Explorer. The Event object has no definition. So I am manually re-toggling them before the default toggle happens.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2009
            I am not sure what you mean, If there was no Event object coming from
            IE, it wouldn't be able to find out what the node is so, if you have a
            oArgs.node it is because there was an oArgs.event, otherwise, TreeView
            itself wouldn't have been able to find it.

            Satyam