Google Gears

  • akshaydaxini@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2009
      I am trying to use Storage. But when I use google gears my page fails with the following error.

      Name contains invalid characters: localhost:53971-yui.database.
      [Break on this error] if(!F){F=google.gears.factory.create(G.S...orage,{version:"2.8.0r4",build:"2449"});

      I am running the page from Visual Studio 2005.
      However when I publish the website and when the URL does not contain port no. (i.e. with out :53971 in url ) the page loads fine.
      Is there a way around this?

      Also for SWF the page catches an error saying not enough storage.
      So I assume I need to increase the SWF storage space. However I could find a function to change the storage space for SWFStore but not for the SWF StorageEngine. Is there a way to increase the storage space for the SWF object?

      Thank you,
      Akshay.