Re: dataTable speed in IE7 (YUI 2.6.0)

  • rcollette
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 10, 2009
      This discussion has been useful in resolving my performance issue with IE7. However, I found that column resizing performed as part of sorting was horrendously slow in IE7.

      I modified the DataTable._bDynStylesFallback property to:

      _bDynStylesFallback : (ua.ie && (ua.ie<8)) ? true : false,

      and now sort performance/column resizing in IE7 is roughly equivalent to IE6.

      BTW. The documentation page for DataTable (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/) improperly lists an IE7 issue fix as requiring the setting of
      YAHOO.widget.DataTable._bStylesheetFallback
      but there is no such property used in DataTable. I believe it should be referring to _bDynStylesFallback.