Simple layout with Left Treeview and Right display panel

  • toddandharper
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2009
      Is there a simple way to use a standard Layout with two units (Left and Right) where the Left unit includes a Treeview that when a node is clicked loads separate pages (with YUI html/javascript code) in the Right unit?

      Obviously this is a really simple question, I am trying to mimic using HTML frames (a frameset with BASE defined) but do it using a YUI Layout widget. I have tried using an IFRAME (with name="right_panel") in the right unit div and defined TextNode's in the tree with (after defining a new TextNode as tempNode, setting tempNode.href="page_to_load.html" and tempNode.target="right_panel") but it doesn't load anything.

      I'm sure I am missing something basic, am I making this way too complicated?

      Thanks in advance,
      Todd
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2009
        See:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/layout/adv_layout.html

        (It uses a menu on the left, but it is probably what you are looking for
        anyway)

        Satyam

        toddandharper escribió:
        > Is there a simple way to use a standard Layout with two units (Left and Right) where the Left unit includes a Treeview that when a node is clicked loads separate pages (with YUI html/javascript code) in the Right unit?
        >
        > Obviously this is a really simple question, I am trying to mimic using HTML frames (a frameset with BASE defined) but do it using a YUI Layout widget. I have tried using an IFRAME (with name="right_panel") in the right unit div and defined TextNode's in the tree with (after defining a new TextNode as tempNode, setting tempNode.href="page_to_load.html" and tempNode.target="right_panel") but it doesn't load anything.
        >
        > I'm sure I am missing something basic, am I making this way too complicated?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Todd

      • toddandharper
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2009
          Thanks for the quick response. I reviewed the example you provided but it appears to use TabViews for rendering and I am not following the URL logic in the "Complex Layout" example.

          Are there any other ideas for loading a URL into a div or iframe using YUI alone?

          -Todd