Re: scrollbar for SimpleDialog

  • viruschidai
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
      Hi,

      You need to set a height on it.

      #id .bd{overflow: auto;height: 20px}

      regards,
      Bill
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "davidfealkoff" <davidfealkoff@...> wrote:

      > I attempted to add a vertical scrollbar to a simpleDialog to keep the size manageable by using CSS instruction
      >
      > #id .bd{overflow: auto;}
      >
      > (from example for resizeable panel on the YUI website)
      > However, it didn't have any affect. Is there something else I have to do or is it not possible for SimpleDialog?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > David

    • David Fealkoff
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2009
        Hi Bill,

        Thanks for the tip.  It worked, however, there's a related problem that I'm now taking potshots at.  Maybe you know something about it.

        the html file roughly looks like:
        //the following 3 lines are actually accomplished in the associated javascript file, but for simplicity I show them as HTML

        the css is as follows:
        .bd{
          overflow: auto;
          height: 300px;
        }

        .textstuff{
          float: left;
          height: 200px;
        }

        the problem:
        the scrollbar appears but the 3 'textstuff' elements overhang the bottom of the dialog box.  The vertical scrollbar shows up, I believe because it
        recognizes that the height of the 'textstuff' elements exceeds the height of the body (bd).  As an aside, scolling does nothing.

        Happy Labor Day,
        David