scrollbar for SimpleDialog

  • davidfealkoff
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
      I attempted to add a vertical scrollbar to a simpleDialog to keep the size manageable by using CSS instruction

      #id .bd{overflow: auto;}

      (from example for resizeable panel on the YUI website)
      However, it didn't have any affect. Is there something else I have to do or is it not possible for SimpleDialog?

      Thanks,
      David
    • viruschidai
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009

        You need to set a height on it.

        #id .bd{overflow: auto;height: 20px}

        regards,
        Bill
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "davidfealkoff" <davidfealkoff@...> wrote:

        > I attempted to add a vertical scrollbar to a simpleDialog to keep the size manageable by using CSS instruction
        >
        > #id .bd{overflow: auto;}
        >
        > (from example for resizeable panel on the YUI website)
        > However, it didn't have any affect. Is there something else I have to do or is it not possible for SimpleDialog?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > David

      • David Fealkoff
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2009
          Hi Bill,

          Thanks for the tip.  It worked, however, there's a related problem that I'm now taking potshots at.  Maybe you know something about it.

          the html file roughly looks like:
          //the following 3 lines are actually accomplished in the associated javascript file, but for simplicity I show them as HTML

          the css is as follows:
          .bd{
            overflow: auto;
            height: 300px;
          }

          .textstuff{
            float: left;
            height: 200px;
          }

          the problem:
          the scrollbar appears but the 3 'textstuff' elements overhang the bottom of the dialog box.  The vertical scrollbar shows up, I believe because it
          recognizes that the height of the 'textstuff' elements exceeds the height of the body (bd).  As an aside, scolling does nothing.

          Happy Labor Day,
          David