Re: inline cell edit - JSON parse error

  • juliebonniedaisy
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
      o.responseText will return whatever your ajax page is told to return, if you just want a JSON string the just return only that such as my echo does at the bottom:

      $SQL="SELECT UserID, CONCAT(LastName, ',', Firstname) AS FullName FROM Users ORDER BY LastName, FirstName";

      // prepare statement
      if ($stmt = $oConn->prepare($SQL)) {
      $stmt->execute() or die ("Could not execute statement"); // execute prepared statement

      $stmt->bind_result($UserID, $FullName);

      $arr = array();
      while ($r = $stmt->fetch()) {
      $arr[] = array("label" => $FullName);
      // $arr[] = array("value" => $UserID, "label" => $FullName);
      }
      echo "{ \"dropdownOptions\": " . json_encode($arr) . "}";
      $stmt->close(); // close statement
      }
    • paolleta
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
        Hi again and thanks a lot for the quick reply.
        Sorry for the trivial question but what would a proper alert(o.responseText) for the inline cell edit example look like?
        I am pretty sure I could get going much faster if you show me an example of a proper output. I know I am such a newbie...

        Thanks

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
          You would put that right before the line giving you the error so you can
          see what might have caused it.

          alert(o.responseText);