manually change datatable status...

  • tplau@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2009
      Dear, I want to ask if it is possible to change the status of a datatable (such as loading, no records found.)

      My problem is, I have a page will show a datatable. after finished loading the page and the table (initially empty), I issue another ajax query to manually get datasource and update the datatable when return from ajax. During the time of getting updated materials, I want the datatable to display "loading", instead of the initial empty table "no records found". Thanks a lot for any advice!!
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2009
        The messages shown are stored in a series of configuration attributes
        such as this one for loading:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.DataTable.html#config_MSG_LOADING

        You can also use method showMessage to show your own.

        Satyam