Adding new record in paginated datatable

  • Asit Katiyar
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2009

      I have a YUI datatable and in each row there is a "add" button. On-clicking on the add button a new record adds at the bottom of the table. Now the problem is when I apply pagination to the datatable and then try to add new record, it adds at the last page (last page of pagination) of the datatable and it seems nothing happened.
      I want to be able to add the record on the current page section of the datatable. Would be great if someone helps me out the get the solution.

      Thanks in advance.
      YUI user.
    • y_lsmith
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 26, 2009
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Asit Katiyar <asitkatiyar@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I have a YUI datatable and in each row there is a "add" button. On-clicking
        > on the add button a new record adds at the bottom of the table. Now the
        > problem is when I apply pagination to the datatable and then try to add new
        > record, it adds at the last page (last page of pagination) of the datatable
        > and it seems nothing happened.
        > I want to be able to add the record on the current page section of the
        > datatable. Would be great if someone helps me out the get the solution.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        > YUI user.

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.DataTable.html#method_addRow

        addRow accepts an index argument as the second parameter. You can determine the appropriate index using the Paginator's current recordOffset plus rowsPerPage minus one.
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.Paginator.html#method_getStartIndex
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.Paginator.html#method_getRowsPerPage

        var pag = myDataTable.get('paginator');

        var addAtIndex = pag.getStartIndex() + pag.getRowsPerPage() - 1;

        myDataTable.addRow(NEW_ROW_DATA, addAtIndex);

        Hope this helps,
        Luke
      • Asit Katiyar
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009
          Hi Luke,

          thanks for the response, the code snippet fixed my problem.