[ydn-javascript] How to populate YUI Dialog form fields

  • lancemonotone
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2009
      How can I pass an ID or other variable into the YUI Dialog?

      I'm using a YUI Button to show the Dialog and I know that the Button has an
      onclick config method, into which you can pass an object ('obj'):

      {
      fn: Function, // The handler to call when the event fires.
      obj: Object, // An object to pass back to the handler.
      scope: Object // The object to use for the scope of the handler.
      }

      I'm unclear of the purpose of 'obj' and if it can be used for passing
      variables into the Dialog. How do you retrieve them on the other end?

      I'd like to be able to pre-populate my form fields with a row of table data
      to edit and then re-save. Is this possible? How can you manipulate the
      contents of the form before showing it?