TabView and Dynamic Content FAILS in Internet Explorer 7 and 8. Why?

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2009
      Greetings all,

      How come TabView and dynamic content does not work in IE 7 or 8? In fact no jQuery or AJAX seems to function properly at all in IE 7 and 8.

      I found this out the hard way when I was searching for a dynamic tab solution for a blog that I am working on. All of the tutorials I found at Smashing Mags "14 Tab-Based Interface Techniques " article worked well in Chrome and Firefox but always failed in IE 7 and 8. Then I went to check if the dynamic tabs on the NY Times site  and TechCrunch.com 's Crunch Board (located in the left hand column) worked in IE 7 and 8 but NO, they did not. So this led me to think maybe I have some settings turned off in my IE options. One should realize that I just installed IE 8 today and I have these issues right out of the box.

      This is a serious concern of mine especially since I have discovered that IE is the browser that is used by 20 to 50% of the internet public.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,
      Adam