Re: [ydn-javascript] Dynamically Add/Remove series from a Chart

  • Dwight Bridges
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5 4:19 PM
      Re: [ydn-javascript] Dynamically Add/Remove series from a Chart You need to update the entire series definition to reflect the series you want in the chart. There are no update methods for removing/adding individual series.

      Tripp

      On 8/5/09 3:18 PM, "kyuhocha" <kyuhocha@...> wrote:

      Hello,

      I am creating a chart which allows user to change the chart type and add/remove chart series. I am using YUI buttons(select and check-box) for user input.

      Right now I have the chart type part working. I trying to implement the adding/removing series part but I am wondering how I am supposed to do it.

      Most basic way would be check all the check boxes and add the series that are checked. But this method is not very efficient as I would have to account for 8 possible outcome(from 3 series). Is there a method on seriesDef to remove a series? That way I just have to update one set of seriesDef instead of creating new seriesDef depending on the check-box combination.

      Thank you in advanced for your help.