Configure Calendar to Display Alterndate Date as 'Current Date'

  • gkcdn74
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hi,

      By default the calendar is configured to display the current date through CSS of td.calcell.today. However, I'm working on a project for which I would like the calendar to display an alternate date based on a specific offset (ie 13 days in the past from the current date).

      For exmaple: If the current date is Aug 5, 2009 I would like the calendar to display July 18, 2009 as the 'current date' instead

      Is there a way to modify td.calcell.today to point 13 days in the past? Any alternate solution?

      Basically, I'm trying to modify the calendar to appear as though it is functioning according to the Julian Calendar which has a 13day offset from the current day Gregorian Calendar.

      Thanks in advance,
      Stavros
    • theblargoner
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2009
        You could hack the render stack to do what you want, something like:

        var myCal = new YAHOO.widget.Calendar(...);

        myCal._renderCellStyleToday = myCal.renderCellStyleToday;
        myCal.renderCellStyleToday = function() {};

        var d = YAHOO.widget.DateMath.subtract(new Date(), YAHOO.widget.DateMath.DAY, 13),
        s = (d.getMonth()+1) + '/' + d.getDate() + '/' + d.getFullYear();

        myCal.addRenderer(s, myCal._renderCellStyleToday);
        myCal.render();

        This will give the day 13 days prior to the current day the 'today' style.

        John

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "gkcdn74" <gkcdn74@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > By default the calendar is configured to display the current date through CSS of td.calcell.today. However, I'm working on a project for which I would like the calendar to display an alternate date based on a specific offset (ie 13 days in the past from the current date).
        >
        > For exmaple: If the current date is Aug 5, 2009 I would like the calendar to display July 18, 2009 as the 'current date' instead
        >
        > Is there a way to modify td.calcell.today to point 13 days in the past? Any alternate solution?
        >
        > Basically, I'm trying to modify the calendar to appear as though it is functioning according to the Julian Calendar which has a 13day offset from the current day Gregorian Calendar.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Stavros

      • gkcdn74
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2009
          John,

          Thanks for the help, it worked like a charm!

          I did make a slight modification however to ensure that the calendar loads on the same page as the newly rendered 'today' cell.

          var d = YAHOO.widget.DateMath.subtract(new Date(), YAHOO.widget.DateMath.DAY, 13),
          m = (d.getMonth()+1) + '/' + d.getFullYear();

          var myCal = new YAHOO.widget.Calendar(myCal,{pagedate:m});

          myCal._renderCellStyleToday = myCal.renderCellStyleToday;
          myCal.renderCellStyleToday = function() {};

          s = (d.getMonth()+1) + '/' + d.getDate() + '/' + d.getFullYear();

          myCal.addRenderer(s, myCal._renderCellStyleToday);
          myCal.render();

          Otherwise the page would load showing the current month rather than the Julian month/year which could be different depending on the current date(ie the 1st thru the 13th of each month)

          Best Regards,
          Stavros