Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: text-decoration in a TextNode with a href

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2009
      It often happens that a style may not be effectively applied because
      some other existing style overrides it. Most styles used by YUI widgets
      have quite long selectors. Longer selectors often beat shorter ones
      because they are more specific. As if you were saying, in general I
      would like things like this, but in this very specific case, I want them
      otherwise.

      The best way to find out is use some debugger like Firebug on Firefox
      and use the Inspect function to locate the element and see in the Styles
      tab how all the styles rank against each other. Your style might be
      there, but with its definitions struck through because other definitions
      beat it.

      It is all explained here:

      http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/widgetstyles.html

      Satyam