Re: issue with display of tree view nodes when forcing white-space to nowrap

  • leforthomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
      Hi Satyam,

      Thanks for your reply.

      Well I have nothing up and running yet in the real world, it's all local
      production for now. I can send you a screenshot if you like?

      I checked with other yui based pages and it seem to be working there. In
      my case, I have quite a "complex" layout with a resizable panel
      containing tabs, containing (HTML) tables containing trees with icons
      and long labels. The problem could be anywhere there. The tab view
      doesn't seem to resize dynamcially when the table does and the tree
      icons (+ and image) are shifted left by a few pixels and superposed and
      it looks a bit messy as you don't know anymore at what level the tree
      node is.

      Thanks,

      Thomas

      > It is hard to answer without seeing it. Could you post a page showing
      > the problem somewhere we could have a look at?
      >
      > Satyam
      >

      > leforthomas escribi�:
      > > Hi there,
      > >
      > > apologies if the question has already been asked.
      > >
      > > I have some issues with the rendering of tree view nodes when I
      force the white-space value to nowrap. I am doing this to force the item
      to be displayed on one line and not on several as is automatically the
      case when too long. I am also using icons, the css code I use is as per
      example on the yui docs page. When expanding the faulty tree nodes, they
      are shifted left by a few pixels and the container area (a tab) is not
      expanded so the end part of the node is displayed outside of the tab
      area.

      > > If anybody has come across this issue before and/or can recommend me
      some better way of doing it? I am no expert in css so it could be pretty
      trivial.

      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Thomas

      08/01/09 18:04:00

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
        An image won't do, sorry. I realize what you say, the lines overflowing
        the tab container, I don't need to see a picture to believe what you
        tell me. A picture, however, won't tell me why it happens, we wouldn't
        be any better than we are now with your description.

        Satyam