TreView styles

  • joki baki
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
      I am trying to figure out in which line of treeview.js a refernce has been made to the css file. Since ...treeview/assets/skins/sam/treeview.css does not contain all styles (ygtvcell,ygtvspacer etc.) I would like to know from where these styles are imported?
      Thank you
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
        The Firebug debugger will show you the file and location of each style
        definition, see:

        http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/widgetstyles.html

        Usually, you don't care where they are defined, the only reason I can
        think of is a bad one. You don't change the styles in the original CSS
        files, instead, you override them in a file of your own, loaded right
        after the original one, where you assign new values to the same
        attributes and selectors as in the original. That is the safest one
        because it spares you the trouble of locating and changing once again
        each and every style when a new version comes around, like at the end of
        this month. Also, the CSS files you are likely to load in a production
        environment are compressed, it is very hard to locate individual
        definitions.

        Satyam