Re: DataTable: ID's to cellwidgets?

  • Nikias
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
      The approach which i was wondering about, would give me direct access to the widget in the table. I would not have to pass the DataTable Object for a property-update coming from the server for that widget. It could seem unlogic for wanting to update a cell's content(here a widget object) one time directly and the next time through the datasource. But if the datasource works only one way, there is nothing standing in this mixed-approach's way, i guess.

      But for the moment, i'll stick with your articles-way(via the DataSource) for updating the widgets in my table.
      (I didn't read part2 yet)

      Thanks for the response.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
        The original data for the DataTable lies on the Recordset, not in the
        document body. It is best to avoid accessing the UI bypassing the
        widget that is in charge. If you keep the RecordSet updated, the
        DataTable will take care to do the screen part.

        BTW, this might help you:

        http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/2.6.0/assortedControls.html

        Satyam