Re: [ydn-javascript] issue with display of tree view nodes when forcing white-space to nowrap

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
      It is hard to answer without seeing it. Could you post a page showing
      the problem somewhere we could have a look at?

      Satyam

      leforthomas escribió:
      > Hi there,
      >
      > apologies if the question has already been asked.
      >
      > I have some issues with the rendering of tree view nodes when I force the white-space value to nowrap. I am doing this to force the item to be displayed on one line and not on several as is automatically the case when too long. I am also using icons, the css code I use is as per example on the yui docs page. When expanding the faulty tree nodes, they are shifted left by a few pixels and the container area (a tab) is not expanded so the end part of the node is displayed outside of the tab area.
      >
      > If anybody has come across this issue before and/or can recommend me some better way of doing it? I am no expert in css so it could be pretty trivial.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Thomas

    • leforthomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
        Hi Satyam,

        Thanks for your reply.

        Well I have nothing up and running yet in the real world, it's all local
        production for now. I can send you a screenshot if you like?

        I checked with other yui based pages and it seem to be working there. In
        my case, I have quite a "complex" layout with a resizable panel
        containing tabs, containing (HTML) tables containing trees with icons
        and long labels. The problem could be anywhere there. The tab view
        doesn't seem to resize dynamcially when the table does and the tree
        icons (+ and image) are shifted left by a few pixels and superposed and
        it looks a bit messy as you don't know anymore at what level the tree
        node is.

        Thanks,

        Thomas

        > It is hard to answer without seeing it. Could you post a page showing
        > the problem somewhere we could have a look at?
        >
        > Satyam
        >

        > leforthomas escribi�:
        > > Hi there,
        > >
        > > apologies if the question has already been asked.
        > >
        > > I have some issues with the rendering of tree view nodes when I
        force the white-space value to nowrap. I am doing this to force the item
        to be displayed on one line and not on several as is automatically the
        case when too long. I am also using icons, the css code I use is as per
        example on the yui docs page. When expanding the faulty tree nodes, they
        are shifted left by a few pixels and the container area (a tab) is not
        expanded so the end part of the node is displayed outside of the tab
        area.

        > > If anybody has come across this issue before and/or can recommend me
        some better way of doing it? I am no expert in css so it could be pretty
        trivial.

        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Thomas

        08/01/09 18:04:00

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
          An image won't do, sorry. I realize what you say, the lines overflowing
          the tab container, I don't need to see a picture to believe what you
          tell me. A picture, however, won't tell me why it happens, we wouldn't
          be any better than we are now with your description.

          Satyam