issue with display of tree view nodes when forcing white-space to nowrap

  • leforthomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
      Hi there,

      apologies if the question has already been asked.

      I have some issues with the rendering of tree view nodes when I force the white-space value to nowrap. I am doing this to force the item to be displayed on one line and not on several as is automatically the case when too long. I am also using icons, the css code I use is as per example on the yui docs page. When expanding the faulty tree nodes, they are shifted left by a few pixels and the container area (a tab) is not expanded so the end part of the node is displayed outside of the tab area.

      If anybody has come across this issue before and/or can recommend me some better way of doing it? I am no expert in css so it could be pretty trivial.

      Thanks,

      Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
        It is hard to answer without seeing it. Could you post a page showing
        the problem somewhere we could have a look at?

        Satyam

        leforthomas escribió:
        > Hi there,
        >
        > apologies if the question has already been asked.
        >
        > I have some issues with the rendering of tree view nodes when I force the white-space value to nowrap. I am doing this to force the item to be displayed on one line and not on several as is automatically the case when too long. I am also using icons, the css code I use is as per example on the yui docs page. When expanding the faulty tree nodes, they are shifted left by a few pixels and the container area (a tab) is not expanded so the end part of the node is displayed outside of the tab area.
        >
        > If anybody has come across this issue before and/or can recommend me some better way of doing it? I am no expert in css so it could be pretty trivial.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Thomas

      • leforthomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
          Hi Satyam,

          Thanks for your reply.

          Well I have nothing up and running yet in the real world, it's all local
          production for now. I can send you a screenshot if you like?

          I checked with other yui based pages and it seem to be working there. In
          my case, I have quite a "complex" layout with a resizable panel
          containing tabs, containing (HTML) tables containing trees with icons
          and long labels. The problem could be anywhere there. The tab view
          doesn't seem to resize dynamcially when the table does and the tree
          icons (+ and image) are shifted left by a few pixels and superposed and
          it looks a bit messy as you don't know anymore at what level the tree
          node is.

          Thanks,

          Thomas

          > It is hard to answer without seeing it. Could you post a page showing
          > the problem somewhere we could have a look at?
          >
          > Satyam
          >

          > leforthomas escribi�:
          > > Hi there,
          > >
          > > apologies if the question has already been asked.
          > >
          > > I have some issues with the rendering of tree view nodes when I
          force the white-space value to nowrap. I am doing this to force the item
          to be displayed on one line and not on several as is automatically the
          case when too long. I am also using icons, the css code I use is as per
          example on the yui docs page. When expanding the faulty tree nodes, they
          are shifted left by a few pixels and the container area (a tab) is not
          expanded so the end part of the node is displayed outside of the tab
          area.

          > > If anybody has come across this issue before and/or can recommend me
          some better way of doing it? I am no expert in css so it could be pretty
          trivial.

          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Thomas

          08/01/09 18:04:00

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
            An image won't do, sorry. I realize what you say, the lines overflowing
            the tab container, I don't need to see a picture to believe what you
            tell me. A picture, however, won't tell me why it happens, we wouldn't
            be any better than we are now with your description.

            Satyam