Re: [ydn-javascript] YUI DataTable problem refreshing table

  • mschipperheyn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2009
      Exactly, and *that* is what I can't seem to get working.
      The idea is just re-executing the current request. Which is what my code is
      supposed to be doing

      Cheers,

      Marc

      Ryan V. Bayona wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I see what you mean. This is what i have in mind :
      >
      > 1 .Assuming total rows is 20.
      > 2. User deletes rows 11-15.
      > 3. Code sends a request to the server, along with the 'id' of the rows
      > to be deleted.
      > 4. Server receives the id of the rows to be deleted and removes them
      > from the db.
      > 5. Server should re-execute the query that produced the rows in #1, this
      > time the rows 11-15 is not included because they do not exist on the
      > database (deleted in #4 ) and returns the result.
      > 6. Client (Datatable) parses the returned results and replaces all rows
      > currently displayed.
      >

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, mschipperheyn
      > <m.schipperheyn@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Well, since this is a server side paginated datatable, If I just
      > delete the
      >> row in the record set, I will e.g. delete row 15 in range 11-20. So,
      > now I
      >> need to get row 21. Since this is not on the client yet, I need to
      > refresh
      >> the DataTable with a round trip to the server. I could refresh the
      > entire
      >> page, but that is not really elegant. So I just want to re-execute the
      >> current all to the server.
      >>
      >> When what works, there will also be some remaining issues such as;
      > what if I
      >> delete row 11 (page 2) and there are only 10 rows left (just one
      > page). But
      >> that could be calculated. Ideally, of course, DataTable should take
      > care of
      >> that stuff.
      >>
      >> Any ideas on the first issue?
      >>

      >> Cheers,
      >>
      >> Marc
      >> --

    • Ryan V. Bayona
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2009
        If you're going to do what i suggested, you would need to collect all the records / record ids of the rows to be deleted and then attach them as query strings/parameters to Satyam's Datatable requery method..

        Search around here and you can see Satyam's code.

        Thanks!