Yui datatable row editing problem in IE

  • gneppe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2009
      Hi, I'm a beginner in Javascript and YUI.

      I'm tring to use the Satyam example for row editing the datatable ( http://satyam.com.ar/yui/2.6.0/rowedit.html ) with a popup panel.
      The example works well in Firefox, but it doesn't work in IE (6 and 7).
      The first "click" on the editing button works, but the second click "hang" IE probably in a infinite loop.

      Does someone know how to resolve this problem?

      Thanks in advance
      Francesco
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2009
        I believe I have found the error. I changed the example. I was calling
        a function of the cellEditor that, amongst other things, sets the focus
        on the element. IE doesn't like when you try to set the focus on an
        element that is hidden. I tried it in IE8 and it works, I edited half
        the table without a problem.

        Please, remember that this is experimental, you use it in production at
        your own risk. The page said it was a work in progress, I updated that
        to reflect that I have no plans to develop it any further or support it.

        Satyam

        gneppe escribió:
        > Hi, I'm a beginner in Javascript and YUI.
        >
        > I'm tring to use the Satyam example for row editing the datatable ( http://satyam.com.ar/yui/2.6.0/rowedit.html ) with a popup panel.
        > The example works well in Firefox, but it doesn't work in IE (6 and 7).
        > The first "click" on the editing button works, but the second click "hang" IE probably in a infinite loop.
        >
        > Does someone know how to resolve this problem?
        >
        > Thanks in advance
        > Francesco

      • gneppe
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
          Many thanks Satyam.
          Now the example is working.
          Before to put it in production I will do exaustive tests.

          Thanks again

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
            gneppe escribió:
            > Many thanks Satyam.
            > Now the example is working.
            > Before to put it in production I will do exaustive tests.

            That would be great because I don't really have much use for that
            method, I have no real life opportunity to test it. Please let us know
            how it goes.

            Satyam