formatting row on the fly

  • davidfealkoff
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2009
      I've created a table which lists messages. Messages that haven't been read are given a class="unread" which is added via a call to Dom.addClass(elTr, 'unread') in the formatRow function.

      Upon reading the message, identified in the "rowSelectEvent", I want to remove the class "unread" without redownloading the table. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to discover how to do this. Is it possible to change the class in this way? If so, can you provide a code snippet which shows how to do this?

      Thanks.
      David
    • Ryan V. Bayona
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2009
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "davidfealkoff" <davidfealkoff@...> wrote:

        > I've created a table which lists messages. Messages that haven't been read are given a class="unread" which is added via a call to Dom.addClass(elTr, 'unread') in the formatRow function.
        >
        > Upon reading the message, identified in the "rowSelectEvent", I want to remove the class "unread" without redownloading the table. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to discover how to do this. Is it possible to change the class in this way? If so, can you provide a code snippet which shows how to do this?
        >
        > Thanks.
        > David

        You can do it within the rowSelectEvent too,.

        YourDataTable.subscribe("rowSelectEvent", function (args){
        var el = args.el;
        var record = args.record;
        YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass(el,'unread');

        });
      • David Fealkoff
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2009
          Hi Ryan,

          thanks for the quick reply.  it worked fine.

          David