Drag and drop out of scrolling container div

  • djfep
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2006
      I have a drag and drop function that works great if the container of the draggable things is a normal div. But if I set the overflow to scroll or auto, then the dragged items stay inside the container. Here is a diagram:

      +------------------+ +------------------+
      | Container        | | Drag here        |
      |                  | |                  |
      | Item             | |                  |
      +------------------+ +------------------+

      If I drag 'Item' to 'Drag here', the the 'Item' stays on the 'Container' div and is under the 'Drag here' div.

      Any help is appreciated.

      Dan

    • mrtkr
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2006
        hi

        I have the same problem. It looks like its a firefox problem. On IE it
        works.

        But it looks as this is not a yui problem, but more a problem of
        firefox. If you move the div with javascript it has the same effect.

        Also if you start with a high z-index for your dragdrop item, it does
        not solve this.

        Is there any hack for this?

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "djfep" <djfep@...> wrote:

        > I have a drag and drop function that works great if the container of the
        > draggable things is a normal div. But if I set the overflow to scroll or
        > auto, then the dragged items stay inside the container. Here is a
        > diagram:
        >
        > +------------------+ +------------------+
        > | Container | | Drag here |
        > | | | |
        > | Item | | |
        > +------------------+ +------------------+
        >
        > If I drag 'Item' to 'Drag here', the the 'Item' stays on the 'Container'
        > div and is under the 'Drag here' div.
        >
        > Any help is appreciated.
        >
        > Dan

      • mrtkr
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
          yes!! there is a hack:

          just use:

          overflow: visible;

          :-)

          martin

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mrtkr" <mrtkr@...> wrote:

          > hi
          >
          > I have the same problem. It looks like its a firefox problem. On IE it
          > works.
          >
          > But it looks as this is not a yui problem, but more a problem of
          > firefox. If you move the div with javascript it has the same effect.
          >
          > Also if you start with a high z-index for your dragdrop item, it does
          > not solve this.
          >
          > Is there any hack for this?
          >

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "djfep" <djfep@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have a drag and drop function that works great if the container
          of the
          > > draggable things is a normal div. But if I set the overflow to
          scroll or
          > > auto, then the dragged items stay inside the container. Here is a
          > > diagram:
          > >
          > > +------------------+ +------------------+
          > > | Container | | Drag here |
          > > | | | |
          > > | Item | | |
          > >
          > > If I drag 'Item' to 'Drag here', the the 'Item' stays on the
          'Container'
          > > div and is under the 'Drag here' div.
          > >
          > > Any help is appreciated.
          > >
          > > Dan