Re: Bug in slider with preseting position

  • Lucas Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25, 2009
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jacob.fogg" <jacob.fogg@...> wrote:

      > I have performed some significant testing, both in the test url that I gave and also in my application. It does indeed look like firebug's interaction with the slider is causing the confusion of the sliders boundaries.
      >
      > Problem is, I have no idea HOW it is causing it to break. Unfortunately, I am certain a few of our clients are running firebug. Short of writing my own slider code (which I think I might have laying around somewhere...), any ideas on how to fix this, or at least figure out the cause?
      >
      > Should I submit a bug into the bug system?
      >
      > Thanks for your feedback.

      It's definitely worth filing a bug in the system about. Thanks for doing so much research and providing the stripped down repro!

      You should be able to work around the issue by initially positioning the thumb via css and adjusting the top and bottom constraints accordingly. TBH, I'm not sure if this will do the trick since I'm on FB 1.3 (1.4 is a wreck and 1.5 isn't official yet) and haven't been able to reproduce the issue.

      With all the trouble we've been having recently related to FB 1.4, it's disheartening to hear that 1.5 is still causing havoc.

      Luke