YUI rich editor component

  • mikeolope
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2009
      Hi!

      I'm trying to use the RichEditor component and I'm having troubles for getting the content of the RichEditor in the server side. I'm getting the content but without any html tag.

      Example: I wrote 'hello world' and 'world' word is mark as bold. In server side I'm getting 'hello world' and no 'hello <b>world</b>' as I expect/want.

      Any advice?, I'm a newbie with YUI and I'm sure I'm missing something important to make it work.

      My YUI configuration looks like:

      <textarea id="editor" name="editor" rows="20" cols="75">

      </textarea>
      //submit button etc

      <script>

      (function() {
      var Dom = YAHOO.util.Dom,
      Event = YAHOO.util.Event;

      var myConfig = {
      height: '300px',
      width: '600px',
      dompath: true,
      focusAtStart: true
      };

      var myEditor = new YAHOO.widget.SimpleEditor('editor', myConfig);
      myEditor.render();
      YAHOO.util.Event.on('submit', 'click', function() {
      myEditor.saveHTML();
      var html = myEditor.get('editor').value;
      });

      })();
      </script>
    • mikeolope