Re: Panel Creation Performance Advice

  • quantumblaster
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2009
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Satyen Desai <sdesai@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Normally I would advise reusing Panels, since in most cases there are
      > only a handful or two of Panels visible at a given time, however in
      > your case, it seems like all Panels are visible at the same time.
      >
      > To get around the initial page load delay, you can look at creating
      > the Panels in smaller batches (e.g. 5 batches of 10) - invoking each
      > batch in a timeout, to free up the thread.
      >
      > for (var b = 0; b < numberOfBatches; b++) {
      >
      > setTimeout(function() {
      > // create next batch of n Panels
      > } , 0);
      >
      > }
      >
      > Regards,
      > Satyen

      Hi Satyen,
      Thanks for the help. setTimeout was the right way to prevent browser timeout. I've also tried creating 50 empty modules to no avail. I guess creating anything in the container class will take time. For my particular case, maybe it's better to try and use just plain code instead of the convience of panels. Once again thanks for the suggestion.