Human alpha-numeric sorting in Data Table

  • magneticat.development
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2009
      Hello,

      I have seen some posts with issues sorting rows by numeric value, and I know the solution in that cases is formatting the field properly as a number.

      Anyhow, I need a sorting option that is "human alpha-numeric". In other words, my rows can contain numbers but also letters. Ex. z1, z10, z2, a15. I would like these to get sorted as a15, z1, z2, z10. Is there some function to do this I am missing?

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2009
        You can add your own sorting function:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/#advancedsort

        then you are free to break up the field and sort on its parts.

        Satyam