Re: [ydn-javascript] DataTable how to: Inline cell change --> directly update MySQL

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2009
      The difference is not in performance but in the method to fetch the
      data. The XHR data source uses the HTTP request object which is limited
      to access sources in the same domain as the page itself, as a security
      feature built in to all browsers. The ScriptNode data source is used to
      load data from sources in other domains as <script> nodes. That data
      has to be packaged as an executable function so it is not transparent,
      the server needs to support it. Most web servers are now offering the
      option to do this packaging. For example, if you go to the YQL console:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yql/console/

      you can request the same data as XML or as JSON and in this case, the
      data will be enclosed in a function as if it was the argument to that
      function. You would use a ScriptNodeDataSource to fetch data in this
      later format. The ScriptNodeDataSource will provide the definition of
      the function that will receive this data and parse it for you.

      Satyam