Re: [ydn-javascript] Observation: search facility very poor

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2009
      Joe,

      I see the same results that you do and I agree that the result is unacceptable.

      The Groups team is aware of the problem and is working on it.  In the meantime, I have two suggestions:

      1. SiteSearch: If you use Stoyan Stefanov's SiteSearch bookmarklet (http://www.phpied.com/search-site-bookmarklet-with-yui-and-boss/ ), you can use Yahoo! Search to search just the site you're on (groups.yahoo.com); then, if you use your search term (eg, MathML) and a YUI-specific keyword ("treeview" or "yui"), you'll make at least some headway in searching the group.  Obviously this is not a substitute for the intrinsic search functionality working, but there is some value to be gained if you need to search the existing archives.
      2. YUILibrary.com: We've been gradually migrating YUI-related discussions to the forums on YUILibrary.com: http://yuilibrary.com/forum/ .  These forums are searchable and they have some other advantages over the monolithic list here on Yahoo! Groups.  For new discussions or questions, consider opening a thread there.

      -Eric

      On Jul 2, 2009, at 11:21 AM, Joe Desbonnet wrote:

      I posted a message a few days ago re the RTE and MathML. Prior to posting I made sure that it hadn't been discussed before. A search yielded no hits, so I assumed this was a new topic.

      Several days after posting I would assume a search for "MathML" would at least pull up my post... but it does not. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just broken (for reference my post is #50091).

      A forum like this is of limited use without decent search.

      Joe.