Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Connection Manager

  • John Doe
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
      I have tried the o.responseText and that does not really work for me - I am getting back only the most intenal leaves/data, no XML structure, and getting it all back as one long and ugly string.

      I need to maintain the XML structure for later accessing of the data.

      I also get:

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
        A single whitespace, otherwise invisible before the <?xml declaration
        (which you don't show in the XML sample though it seems you are
        outputting from the code) will make it fail. The <?xml processing
        instruction should be the very first thing in the message and it has to
        be there. Browsers often strip it before processing because browsers
        are designed to be tolerant. JavaScript does not because it is up to
        you to decide what to do, whether to be tolerant or not. That means
        that those nasty whitespaces are often hard to see. Do something like

        alert('[' + o.responseText.replace(/\s/g,'.') ); to see if there is any
        such whitespace.

        Satyam

        John Doe escribió:

        > I am getting the proper response when looking at Firebug, and as for
        > the headers: i am getting
        >
        > Content-Type text/xml;
        >
        > which I believe is CORRECT.
        >
        > Any other ideas?

      • Singh, Amit IN BLR SISL
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 9, 2009

          Hi

          I am using YAHOO.example.container.wait panel. But when it appears

          All dropdown boxes are becoming invisible.

          Any idea to fix it.

          Thanks