Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Connection Manager

  • John Doe
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
      I am getting the proper response when looking at Firebug, and as for the headers: i am getting

      Content-Type text/xml;

      which I believe is CORRECT.

      Any other ideas?

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
        On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 11:25 AM, John Doe<learningyui@...> wrote:
        > I am getting the proper response when looking at Firebug, and as for the
        > headers: i am getting
        >
        > Content-Type text/xml;
        >
        > which I believe is CORRECT.
        >
        > Any other ideas?

        Maybe try "o.responseText" instead of "o.responseXML"? Also,
        "console.log(o)" might be helpful in your callbacks to see what YUI is
        getting back from the request.

        --
        Mike Cramer
        http://www.webkist.com/
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
          I have tried the o.responseText and that does not really work for me - I am getting back only the most intenal leaves/data, no XML structure, and getting it all back as one long and ugly string.

          I need to maintain the XML structure for later accessing of the data.

          I also get:

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
            A single whitespace, otherwise invisible before the <?xml declaration
            (which you don't show in the XML sample though it seems you are
            outputting from the code) will make it fail. The <?xml processing
            instruction should be the very first thing in the message and it has to
            be there. Browsers often strip it before processing because browsers
            are designed to be tolerant. JavaScript does not because it is up to
            you to decide what to do, whether to be tolerant or not. That means
            that those nasty whitespaces are often hard to see. Do something like

            alert('[' + o.responseText.replace(/\s/g,'.') ); to see if there is any
            such whitespace.

            Satyam

            John Doe escribió:

            > I am getting the proper response when looking at Firebug, and as for
            > the headers: i am getting
            >
            > Content-Type text/xml;
            >
            > which I believe is CORRECT.
            >
            > Any other ideas?

          • Singh, Amit IN BLR SISL
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 9, 2009

              Hi

              I am using YAHOO.example.container.wait panel. But when it appears

              All dropdown boxes are becoming invisible.

              Any idea to fix it.

              Thanks