Invisible Table in YUI Dialog with IE7

  • graf.lorenz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hi there,

      I'm trying to render a normal html table within a YUI 2.0.7 Dialog. But the table is not visible after rendering the dialog. It works fine with IE8 and Firefox.

      Here's the codesnipped

      var diagDialog = new YAHOO.widget.Dialog('diagnosisTarget', {
      width: "50em",
      effect:{effect:YAHOO.widget.ContainerEffect.FADE,
      duration:0.25},
      visible:false,
      fixedcenter:true,
      modal:true,
      draggable:true});

      diagDialog.setHeader(DIALOG_DIAGNOSISES_HEADER);

      var tab = createTable('diagnosisTable', 'diagnosisT', '100%');
      //createTable(id, name, width)

      var tBody = document.createElement('tbody');
      tBody.appendChild(document.createTextNode('Some text that should be displayed within the table.'));

      tab.appendChild(tBody);
      divBody.appendChild(tab);
      var handleDone = function()
      {
      this.destroy();
      }
      var myButtons = [
      {
      text: BUTTON_LABEL_DONE,
      handler:handleDone,
      isDefault:true
      }
      ];
      diagDialog.cfg.queueProperty("buttons", myButtons);

      YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("yui-overlay-hidden")
      diagDialog.render();
      diagDialog.show();

      Does anybody know how to solve this problem. I' stucked.

      Tahnks, Lorenz
    • Satyen Desai
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2009
        It's likely to be because you're creating a table with an invalid
        structure. You're adding text content straight to the tbody of the
        table.

        Also, it isn't clear from your snippet with divBody is. That may also
        be related.

        If you can post a URL, it would be easier to get to the bottom of it.

        Regards,
        Satyen

        p.s. You also shouldn't need to remove the class "yui-overlay-hidden"
        manually. It's used as a marker and added/removed by the show/hide
        implementation.

        On Jul 2, 2009, at 3:02 AM, graf.lorenz wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > I'm trying to render a normal html table within a YUI 2.0.7 Dialog.
        > But the table is not visible after rendering the dialog. It works
        > fine with IE8 and Firefox.
        >
        > Here's the codesnipped
        >
        > var diagDialog = new YAHOO.widget.Dialog('diagnosisTarget', {
        > width: "50em",
        > effect:{effect:YAHOO.widget.ContainerEffect.FADE,
        > duration:0.25},
        > visible:false,
        > fixedcenter:true,
        > modal:true,
        > draggable:true});
        >
        > diagDialog.setHeader(DIALOG_DIAGNOSISES_HEADER);
        >
        > var tab = createTable('diagnosisTable', 'diagnosisT', '100%');
        > //createTable(id, name, width)
        >
        > var tBody = document.createElement('tbody');
        > tBody.appendChild(document.createTextNode('Some text that should be
        > displayed within the table.'));
        >
        > tab.appendChild(tBody);
        > divBody.appendChild(tab);
        > var handleDone = function()
        > {
        > this.destroy();
        > }
        > var myButtons = [
        > {
        > text: BUTTON_LABEL_DONE,
        > handler:handleDone,
        > isDefault:true
        > }
        > ];
        > diagDialog.cfg.queueProperty("buttons", myButtons);
        >
        > YAHOO.util.Dom.removeClass("yui-overlay-hidden")
        > diagDialog.render();
        > diagDialog.show();
        >
        > Does anybody know how to solve this problem. I' stucked.
        >
        > Tahnks, Lorenz

      • graf.lorenz
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2009
          You' where right. A valid table structure works fine. I was confused because it worked with firefox. Sorry for being blind.

          Thanks Lorenz