Re: [ydn-javascript] Focusing on a tree node

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
      All kinds of nodes have a method focus() inherited from Node so, as long
      as you have a reference to which node you want to set the focus on you
      can just call focus on it. All the nodes from the root to the focused
      node will be expanded. Scrolling the container of the TreeView so that
      the node with the focus moves to within the viewable area is out of the
      ability of the TreeView itself, a widget cannot have any control on the
      elements further up in the DOM hierarchy though I assume the browser
      will take care of that, depending on the setting for the scrollbars on
      the container.

      To keep information in between sessions you can use the YUI Cookie
      utility. Since you cannot store a Node object in it, you can store the
      value of any significant property of the node to be focused in it.
      Method getNodeByProperty might help you locate the same node once again
      in the next session.

      Satyam

      binouch2009 escribió:
      > I am using the YUI tree that's displayed in a container. The container is about 700px long but the list of nodes is much longer than that. The tree works as a file system navigator and depending on where in the "file system" the page is certain nodes will be expanded. What i would like to achieve is for the focus to be set on the last expanded node when the page is rendered. Is such a thing doable?
      >
      > Thank you in advance for your help.

    • binouch2009
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
        Cool - thanks for the info Satyam, I'll try to use the focus() method then.