Re: [ydn-javascript] Do a programmatically selection of a datatable row

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2009
      There is nothing built into the DataTable to help you on this. If it is
      going to happen just once, simply loop through the Recordset looking for
      the value you want. If the selection is going to happen more than once,
      it might be good to create an index. You can do it once the DataTable
      is loaded, by listening to the initEvent and built an array with the
      Code as index and the Record as its value.

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.DataTable.html#event_initEvent

      JavaScript arrays are sparse, which means, only the elements that have
      contents take up memory, if you set element 10 in an array, you are not
      reserving space for all the previous ones so your Code numbers don't
      need to be sequential. Also, since objects are copied by reference,
      storing a reference to each Record object won't be particularly expensive.

      You can also use the formatRow function to fill in the array while the
      DataTable is being built without actually formatting anything.

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.DataTable.html#config_formatRow

      Satyam