Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: TabView changing tabs programmatically

  • Brian McCullough
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2009
      On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 07:35:52PM -0000, bretlevy wrote:

      > This might help:
      >
      > http://yuihelp.levycodev.com/demos/tabview/change_tabs_via_code.php

      Thank you for the example, Bret.

      That looks a lot like the older version of what I am trying to do, where
      I have built the TabView on HTML Markup.

      Unfortunately, I am trying to do the same thing without the HTML Markup,
      but using JavaScript exclusively ( except for the Div to anchor things
      to ).

      I thought that I could read the activeIndex variable and know what the
      Current Tab was.

      Brian
    • Brian McCullough
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2009
        On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 04:17:17PM -0400, Brian McCullough wrote:

        > Unfortunately, I am trying to do the same thing without the HTML Markup,
        > but using JavaScript exclusively ( except for the Div to anchor things
        > to ).
        >
        > I thought that I could read the activeIndex variable and know what the
        > Current Tab was.

        It turns out that there seems to be an issue with activeIndex. However,
        activeTab does have the correct value.

        var aTab = TabView.get( 'activeTab' );
        var aIdx = TabView.getTabIndex( aTab );
        TabView.selectTab( aIdx );