Re: [ydn-javascript] DataTable code fine under 2.5.2 but shows "Data Error" under 2.7.0

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2009
      I've just searched for it:

      http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/ticket/2149648

      look at the last comment, it says:

      <quote>The component owner has reviewed this issue and provided the
      following feedback:

      I'm still not convinced that this is worth fixing. As I posted to the forum,
      declaring responseType as TYPE_JSARRAY and defining
      responseSchema.fields will
      give implementers what they need. There is a lot of parsing logic handled by
      the JSON parsing functionality that I don't want to overload with array
      parsing
      functionality.

      The change in behavior is regrettable but with proper documentation, I
      think it
      is the right thing to do.</quote>

      What I am not sure is that the "proper documentation" was ever written.
      Perhaps in the DataSource user guide? If such documentation is not
      available, I guess you might reopen the ticket. Perhaps it is, but in
      some obscure corner of the page. Anyway, calling it an array when it is
      a JSON message doesn't sound good to me.

      Satyam