TabView changing tabs programmatically

  • Brian McCullough
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2009
      All,

      I thought that I was going to get this from the documentation, but I
      guess I can't read.

      I have a TabView defined like:

      var myTabs = new YAHOO.widget.TabView( "th_navblock" );

      and several tabs defined like:

      YAHOO.plugin.WizardManager.delegate( new YAHOO.widget.Tab({
      label: 'This',
      cacheData: true,
      active: false,
      dataSrc: 'this.php'
      }), myTabs, {
      });

      YAHOO.plugin.WizardManager.delegate( new YAHOO.widget.Tab({
      label: 'That',
      cacheData: true,
      active: true,
      dataSrc: 'that.php'
      }), myTabs, {
      });

      YAHOO.plugin.WizardManager.delegate( new YAHOO.widget.Tab({
      label: 'The Other',
      cacheData: true,
      active: false,
      dataSrc: 'other.php'
      }), myTabs, {
      });

      When Firefox has finished drawing the page, I can do an alert like:

      alert( "myTabs = " + myTabs );

      and get a reasonable answer.

      However, when I am sitting in the original "default" tab, "That", which
      is configured as "active: true", I do an alert that says:

      alert( "active = " + myTabs.activeIndex );

      and I get "undefined".

      What I want to do is to calculate a new index and call
      myTabs.selectTab() to go to the new tab.

      Am I not understanding activeIndex, or is it somehow not valid in this
      context?

      Thanks,
      Brian
    • bretlevy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2009
        This might help:

        http://yuihelp.levycodev.com/demos/tabview/change_tabs_via_code.php

        ~~bret

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Brian McCullough <bdmc@...> wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > I thought that I was going to get this from the documentation, but I
        > guess I can't read.
        >

        > I have a TabView defined like:
        >
        > var myTabs = new YAHOO.widget.TabView( "th_navblock" );
        >
        > and several tabs defined like:
        >
        > YAHOO.plugin.WizardManager.delegate( new YAHOO.widget.Tab({
        > label: 'This',
        > cacheData: true,
        > active: false,
        > dataSrc: 'this.php'
        > }), myTabs, {
        > });
        >

        > YAHOO.plugin.WizardManager.delegate( new YAHOO.widget.Tab({
        > label: 'That',
        > cacheData: true,
        > active: true,
        > dataSrc: 'that.php'
        > }), myTabs, {
        > });
        >

        > YAHOO.plugin.WizardManager.delegate( new YAHOO.widget.Tab({
        > label: 'The Other',
        > cacheData: true,
        > active: false,
        > dataSrc: 'other.php'
        > }), myTabs, {
        > });
        >

        > When Firefox has finished drawing the page, I can do an alert like:
        >
        > alert( "myTabs = " + myTabs );
        >
        > and get a reasonable answer.
        >
        > However, when I am sitting in the original "default" tab, "That", which
        > is configured as "active: true", I do an alert that says:
        >
        > alert( "active = " + myTabs.activeIndex );
        >
        > and I get "undefined".
        >

        > What I want to do is to calculate a new index and call
        > myTabs.selectTab() to go to the new tab.
        >
        > Am I not understanding activeIndex, or is it somehow not valid in this
        > context?
        >

        > Thanks,
        > Brian

      • Brian McCullough
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2009
          On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 07:35:52PM -0000, bretlevy wrote:

          > This might help:
          >
          > http://yuihelp.levycodev.com/demos/tabview/change_tabs_via_code.php

          Thank you for the example, Bret.

          That looks a lot like the older version of what I am trying to do, where
          I have built the TabView on HTML Markup.

          Unfortunately, I am trying to do the same thing without the HTML Markup,
          but using JavaScript exclusively ( except for the Div to anchor things
          to ).

          I thought that I could read the activeIndex variable and know what the
          Current Tab was.

          Brian
        • Brian McCullough
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2009
            On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 04:17:17PM -0400, Brian McCullough wrote:

            > Unfortunately, I am trying to do the same thing without the HTML Markup,
            > but using JavaScript exclusively ( except for the Div to anchor things
            > to ).
            >
            > I thought that I could read the activeIndex variable and know what the
            > Current Tab was.

            It turns out that there seems to be an issue with activeIndex. However,
            activeTab does have the correct value.

            var aTab = TabView.get( 'activeTab' );
            var aIdx = TabView.getTabIndex( aTab );
            TabView.selectTab( aIdx );