Does YUI supports XHTML? I have a problem with TreeView.draw().

  • namwkim85
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2009
      I am using Ruby on Rails with YUI on research project at Stanford University.

      XHTML is currently used. the document starts with the following.

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <% controller.response.headers["Content-Type"] = "xhtml" %>

      xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
      xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
      xml:lang="en"
      lang="en">

      If I remove the top line (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>), the system works fine.

      I found that TreeView.draw() function produce some invalid format such as
      id="ygtvtableel3"border="0"
      which is missing space between the two properties
      id="ygtvtableel3" border="0"

      Even with the valid format, draw() doesn't display the result. It seems the problem is related to .css file

      Does anyone have idea how to use XHTML with YUI
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
        This question comes around every now and then. I search the archives
        and found this reply, but I'm sure you can find others:

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
          I've just tried a couple of TreeView examples with XHTML headers and
          they worked fine in IE, FF and Safari. Are you sure the issue is not
          elsewhere? Can I have a look at your working example, is it publicly
          accessible somewhere?