interacting with the local file system

  • Marcin Porwit
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2009
      I'm still relatively new to YUI, so I apologize if this is a novice question. I am trying to implement "Open" and "Save As" dialogs such as those typically found in the "File" menu of an application, but have found no mechanism for doing so.

      So far the best I appear to be able to do is to use the YUI uploader to fake "Open", and to have the user click on a link in the browser to download to their local HD. Are there better ways of doing this?

      Thanks,

      Marcin