Development road map / cycle planning

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2006
      Is there a development road map somewhere for this project that I
      missed? If not how can we tell what to plan for in future releases?
      Also, I understand that we're early in the API's lifespan, but is there
      any feeling as to how long the typical development/release cycle will
      be?
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2006
        Joe,

        We won't be publishing a roadmap for the YUI Library in the near
        future, although your question is an entirely reasonable one. It's
        something we've given a lot of thought to, and right now we feel like
        we can best serve the community by sharing and documenting what is
        ready without forecasting upcoming releases. That said, we'll weigh
        in on the discussion here when it touches work from us that we think
        is imminent and nearing release. We've done that a couple of times
        already.

        As for a release cycle, we're targeting a monthly release schedule
        with releases coming in the first week of each month.

        Regards,
        -Eric