What was the form submission bug in Safari fixed in 2.2.1

  • michaelh613
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2009
      I see in the read me a mention of

      *** version 2.2.1 ***

      * Fixed form submission in Safari bug

      Does anyone know what that bug was. My company is using an older version and I am wondering if that fix will resolve a problem I have in Safari.
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2009
        Michael,

        The bug fixed in that version was probably "Enter should select the item and update the input field, but not submit the form."

        There have been a series of form submission bugs, some affecting Safari and some Macs in general, that have been addressed over the years -- the best advice here is to upgrade to the latest version. Although that might require more effort, it's surely the best way to provide up-to-date support for current versions of the Mac browsers. (The version of Safari that we would have been testing against when 2.2.x came out is pretty different than the Safari that is shipping today.)

        -Eric