combine rich text area with autocomplete

  • swami.kevala
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2009
      I am writing a video footage logging application, and I want to create a component that allows the logger to easily write descriptions of video clips, using pre-defined keywords where possible.

      To do this, I want to have a textarea control, that the user can type into and autocomplete suggestions are given for each word he types. The autocomplete data is generated from six keyword lists (Movement, Shot, Subject, Verb, Scene, Quality).

      If a word is selected from the list of autocomplete options then I want it to be colored differently from normal text depending on which list it came from. So the user should be able to end up with sentences like:

      zoom_in to close_up of president receiving_flowers and waving, podium,
      too_dark

      where "zoom_in" is colored purple, "president" is colored green",
      "receiving_flowers" and "waving" are both blue etc...

      Does anyone know if and how I could do this by combining the autocomplete and richtextarea components?

      Kind Regards

      Swami Kevala