YUI Charts+Email

  • j2eedesigner
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 2009
      Are there any way to insert YUI chart swf into e-mails?
    • j2eedesigner
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 23, 2009
        A few more words about the the task. I want to insert into e-mail attachment HTML report with a YUI chart.
      • Dwight Bridges
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 24, 2009
          Re: [ydn-javascript] YUI Charts+Email I do not think that you will be able to accomplish this. The chart control requires communication between javascript and the flash player. The flash security model will only allow this communication if the content is served from an http server. You may have to include a link to the chart in your email.

          Tripp

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 29, 2009
            Hm,
            Are there any way to make a print of chart swf to the gif/jpg on the server side?

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Dwight Bridges <trippb@...> wrote:

            > I do not think that you will be able to accomplish this. The chart control
            > requires communication between javascript and the flash player. The flash
            > security model will only allow this communication if the content is served
            > from an http server. You may have to include a link to the chart in your
            > email.
            >
            > Tripp

          • Dwight Bridges
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 29, 2009
              Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: YUI Charts+Email The short answer is no. YUI Charts does not have the ability of saving to another file format. We are potentially adding this functionality in a future release but, once added, it would require user interaction with the SWF (again security) to save to another format. So this may or may not help in your situation. Specifically, we are planning on allow the user to right click on the chart to save to file. The user would have to then email the image on their own. Feel free to post back with more information or log a request at yuilibrary.

              Thanks,
              Tripp

              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ydn-javascript%40yahoogroups.com> , Dwight Bridges <trippb@...> wrote:

              > I do not think that you will be able to accomplish this. The chart control
              > requires communication between javascript and the flash player. The flash
              > security model will only allow this communication if the content is served
              > from an http server. You may have to include a link to the chart in your
              > email.
              >
              > Tripp

            • tripp.bridges
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 29, 2009
                btw, the existing ticket on this issue is here:
                http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yui2/ticket/1888520

                --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "j2eedesigner" <j2eedesigner@...> wrote:

                > Hm,
                > Are there any way to make a print of chart swf to the gif/jpg on the server side?
                >
                > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Dwight Bridges <trippb@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I do not think that you will be able to accomplish this. The chart control
                > > requires communication between javascript and the flash player. The flash
                > > security model will only allow this communication if the content is served
                > > from an http server. You may have to include a link to the chart in your
                > > email.
                > >
                > > Tripp

              • j2eedesigner
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 29, 2009
                  Thanks Tripp,

                  This is a good feature but not for my case :( I need some way to generate images on the server side to include them into e-mails (automated reports).

                  I need to send an e-mails with a charts to the users. But the site is in the private network and some users don't have an access to it. So I can not include a link to the flash on the server into e-mails :(