Re: [ydn-javascript] How do I change the checkbox value from the label in YUI Treeview using TaskNode

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2009
      As of 2.7.0, the TreeView control already supports the functionality of
      the TaskNode example in all of its nodes. It is referred to as node
      highlighting and via CSS styles, that highlight can be presented as
      checkboxes via suitable background images. Unfortunately, the examples
      for this functionality didn't get into the YUI site so I have placed
      them in:

      http://satyam.com.ar/yui/2.7.0/tasklist.html

      You will notice that it loads its own copy of the TreeView library. The
      released version had some bugs and the stylesheet wasn't deployed
      correctly so you will be better off downloading a copy of the treeview
      files from GitHub, in the /build folder, both the JavaScript files as
      well as all the files in the /build/treeview/assets/skins/sam. The
      actual URL changes depending on the most recent commit so you'll have to
      travel the path yourself starting from:

      http://github.com/yui/yui2/tree/master

      In the example, you will see how the checked boxes can be fetched, in
      this case, they are listed to the logger and the property listed is the
      label. However, you could list any other property, even custom
      properties. You don't really want to change the properties that
      TreeView actually uses with your custom information. TreeView already
      uses an id it generates itself and you don't want to tamper with that
      one. It is better that you use a custom property such as "myId" or
      "subcatid" or whatever. In such cases, once you get the nodes list as
      shown in the example, you can access it as:

      hiLit[i].data.myId

      Satyam