LineChart Series All Datapoints < 1

  • daniel.ldoyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
      Hi there,

      I seem to be running into a snag when trying to create a chart where all the values are between 0 and 1. It starts to render it, the Y-axis labels will show up for a brief moment, it stalls, and then all of the Y-axis labels will disappear and no series are displayed. This is with YUI 2.7.0 using data from a JSON formatted datasource request. I have hand verified that the data returned is in good shape.

      I am almost 100% positive that the issue is dealing with all numbers in this range, as if I take the exact same data set and multiply it through by 100 or 1000 or whatever it takes to bring them all over 1 it renders fine.

      In my datatooltip function and y-axis labelFunction function I have attempted to correct for this by applying the 1000x multiplication, but it still bombs out unless the data is multiplied prior to being returned to the javascript.

      There are a couple of ways for the time being with which I have accommodated this behavior, but I was curious as to actual behavior. Is this a bug or a limitation, or am I simply missing something far easier?
    • tripp.bridges
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
        Hi Daniel,

        You are not missing anything. This is a bug. A fix has been checked into github and will be included in the 2.8 release. In the interim, you can feel free to use the latest files in your testing.

        Tripp

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
          Thanks for the prompt update, Tripp. I'll await the 2.8 release.