Re: [ydn-javascript] YUI and IE 6 performance

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
      The ratio in between the performance of IE and others is normal and it
      is not due to the transmission of the data from server to client but the
      manipulation of the DOM and rendering. With the DataTable, that
      generates lots of DOM elements you see big increases in performance just
      doing client side paging, where the amount of data transmitted remains
      the same but less is rendered each time.

      So, what I meant to say is don't concentrate in the different
      performance in between IE and others because that is normal. IE is
      relatively slow and that's that, nothing you can do about it, except
      making lighter pages, which will affect all browsers in the same
      proportion though in absolute terms, IE is the one that will benefit the
      most.

      Why the difference in between the two machines, that I don't know.

      Satyam