Re: [ydn-javascript] YUI and IE 6 performance

  • vinay12
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
      But a difference of 4-8 seconds to load the same page does not look normal.
      I guess the way memory is allocated to DOM objects could be one of the
      causes of the problem but not very sure about it.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
        The ratio in between the performance of IE and others is normal and it
        is not due to the transmission of the data from server to client but the
        manipulation of the DOM and rendering. With the DataTable, that
        generates lots of DOM elements you see big increases in performance just
        doing client side paging, where the amount of data transmitted remains
        the same but less is rendered each time.

        So, what I meant to say is don't concentrate in the different
        performance in between IE and others because that is normal. IE is
        relatively slow and that's that, nothing you can do about it, except
        making lighter pages, which will affect all browsers in the same
        proportion though in absolute terms, IE is the one that will benefit the
        most.

        Why the difference in between the two machines, that I don't know.

        Satyam